At Q6 Cyber we focus on delivering actionable intelligence to our customers, and we are looking for a committed Software Quality Assurance professional to help mature our quality process and ensure that our internal and external customers can count on us to deliver dependable high-quality products and services. This is a critical leadership role in the company reporting directly tothe Chief Technology Officer. This position will work collaboratively with the software development leads to ensure robust processes are in place to deliver high quality software and that when defects are discovered they are addressed in a timely manner based on severity. The engineering team works collaboratively as a single unit and it is expected that the QA Lead will work with the engineering leads to implement internal quality processes in addition to automated and manual testing done by the QA Team.
- Lead development of internal QA processes, build out the foundation for the QA team.
- Develop combination of automated and manual tests and application pre-deployment criteria based on analyst and customer critical functionality.
- Maintain and enhance the test plan and test cases for both smoke testing and system wide testing
- Manage the defect tracking for all internal and external facing products; represent the needs of our customers, analysts, and other teams impacted during internal engineering prioritization and planning meetings.
- Perform first level triage of submitted defects by working closely with internal and external customers to understand defects and write accurate and detailed tickets for the development team to address.
- Work with engineering team leads to ensure that defects are acknowledged, triaged, and scheduled for fix in a timely manner.
- Coordinate fix timelines with internal and external customers, keeping them up to date on progress and delays.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 5+ years of equivalent relevant experience.
- Fluent in English
- Experience leading QA efforts and working closely with customers reporting defects.
- Strong experience writing test cases and test plans
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile methodology
- Experience with automation testing scripts using standard automation frameworks and troubleshooting
- Experience using tools like Selenium, Protractor and related
- Experience integrating QA processes and tools into continuous integration systems