Location: San Jose, Costa Rica.
We are recruiting an experienced DevOps engineer to help us take our company to the next level. At Q6 we are committed to building systems that utilize the latest in distributed and cloud computing technologies in order to build a flexible and scalable platform capable of supporting multiple business offerings. For our DevOps and IT infrastructure this means automated systems with built in redundancy and high data throughput. We are a Linux shop with a strong commitment to Open Source technologies. We are looking for a candidate who wants to explore the edge of the possible and find creative solutions to difficult problems. As a startup in the cyber security space, every member of the team has the opportunity to contribute across the organization. For this position we are looking for a candidate with an exceptionally strong background in process automation. If you are looking for a job focused on keeping the Jenkins server running and putting out reports on test coverage, then this isn’t the position for you. We expect the candidate to work closely with the CTO and software development teams to deliver on our vision and develop a set of tools that enable our analysts succeed and provide critical intelligence to our clients. We are looking for candidates that are always looking for ways to improve current processes and ensure fast, flexible, stable, and well-tested products are pushed to the production environment.
- Develop and maintain automation (though Jenkins or any other appropriate platform) to minimize human actions for a number of internal processes.
- Support our development of a cloud based web-scale analytics platform to meet our discovery, collection, data storage, analysis, and reporting requirements.
- Support and enhance our systems monitoring, logging, and reporting
- Work closely with executive leadership, software development team, and intelligence analysts to ensure that requirements and needs are being met.
- Work in an Agile environment to continuously deliver improvements and new capabilities based on our rapidly evolving analytical and business needs.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS/GCP is required)
- Strong experience with NoSQL (we primarily use Elasticsearch and Mongo)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Evaluating and utilizing various leading edge technologies for automating IT operations and conducting QA and testing.
- Agile! We are a small, committed team where everyone contributes to make things happen. Mindset is just as important and skillset. The team is driven by a burning desire to pull intelligence out of the mass of data and quickly surface those insights to our analysts and clients. Technology is just a means to that end.
- Experience in a team-driven Agile environment.
- 5+ years of progressive DevOps / IT / cloud management experience.
- 3+ years experience with Amazon AWS, at a minimum with EC2 including VPCs, S3, and Route 53; Google Cloud, at minimum with Compute Engine, VPC’s, Storage, App engine.
- Experience with Elasticsearch is highly preferred.
- Experience supporting Jenkins or similar software build tools.